Thursday 18 April 2013

Smokey Eyes.



I pretty much wear smokey eyes everyday. Rather than just using black and grey's, I tend to use brown's and beige's which look great. In this post I am going to try (emphasis on the 'try') and show you how I do my smokey eye look.

These are products I have used in this post:
Clinique Duo Eyeshadow P48,  Bourjois Black Jack Mascara, MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation NW25,
Clinique High Impact Mascara, !7 High Drama Intense Liquid Eyeliner, Maybelline 630, Barry M Dazzle Dust Black, MUA Brunette Eyebrow Pencil
I start with applying foundation evenly on my face making sure my eyelids are covered as well. I find the foundation helps to keep the eye shadow stay on better when it has a liquid foundation base.


 Once you have an even skin tone, choose the two colours you wish to use as the base of your smokey eye. In today's post I have decided to use a beige and dark brown.

Apply the beige across the whole of the eyelid and make sure you cover the crease of your lid and sightly above. Then take the darker colour (in this case brown) and open your eye in order to use the eye shadow brush to put the brown in the crease of your eye. Only put the brown on the middle of your eye lid to the outer side of your eye. Leaving it to go from beige to brown. Once the brown has been applied use your finger to blend the two colours where they meet.


Once the two colours have been blended, you could apply eye liner and mascara to complete the look but today I want to make the eye look a little darker. In order to do this I am going to use some of the Barry M dazzle dust just above the crease and use my finger to blend it with the brown and beige down towards my lashes. Depending on how dark you want your eye to look you can use less or more of the dazzle dust.


Once you are happy with the colour of your eyes you can apply eyeliner on the top of the eye and mascara. I tend not to wear eyeliner on the bottoms of my eyes as I don't like it when it smudges. But if you prefer eyeliner on the bottom, it does look great too!


This look is such an easy look to do when you know how. The key to this look is the ability to blend and the easiest way to do it is with the tip of your finger. So if you like this look, give it a go yourself and I'd love to know how you get on so leave your comments below!
xo










6 comments:

  1. It looks lovely. I love a good brown smoky eye for daytime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful makeup ^o^ well done!
    http://www.mykawaiisecret.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty! Ps. How do you like that studio sculpt foundation? I always use the Studio Fix.

    Xox, Cat
    MaybeBabyXo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this look! The eye and lips are beautiful together.

    xoxo,
    Alicia G.
    fashionfiles123.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. aw you look absolutely gorgeous! I love this look.

    Now following you - hope to see more of these posts!

    Kassie xo


    www.styledevoured.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your eyelashes look fantastic with that smokey eye! I may have to try this out, I'm always nervous about turning out like a raccoon. Haha

    I found your blog through the #bbunch bloghop, I’m excited to start following you :) A Beautiful Twenty Something Life

    ReplyDelete