Friday 22 March 2013

Faux Lashes.

As I am extremely bored on my train journey home from uni, I decided to do my first post from my phone. I'm so excited to be going home but this three hour journey is such a trek!
The other day I was having a mooch around Superdrug and I went in there to potentially just browse as my poor bank account is VERY low on funds at the moment. But while I was browsing I came across the fake eyelashes bit (I can't help myself, I'm an eyelash addict!) and saw that the 'Girls With Attitude' lashes were priced at 51p and I couldn't understand why they were so cheap! I asked a member of staff and she checked them on the till and told me they were actually £5.10 but as they were priced wrong on the stand I could buy them for 51p! I just couldn't resist so I bought the last two that were there! There were some very similar styles by the same brand, however they were still priced at £5.10 :(
I've never tried this brand of eyelashes before so I'm yet to find out tonight how good they are. I tend to buy the Eylure lashes which are priced in most stores like Boots, Superdrug and Miss Selfridge at about £5 a set (and if you're a student like me you can get 10% discount in Superdrug and Miss Selfridge). If I'm on a tight budget the natural look lashes from Primark (yes, PRIMARK) are a great buy for £1 a set. However the glue in the Primark lashes isn't the best, so I have bought a big bottle of Eylure Eyelash glue for about £2.50 from Superdrug and so far it has lasted me since August (so its a very good purchase)!
So when you're next in Superdrug (or any store for that matter) keep an eye out for those wrongly priced items and you may just be able to pick up a bargain as good as these! Good luck! ;) xo

6 comments:

  1. I am a sucker for always wearing these on a night out - I don't know how people can wear them all of the time though!

    Be great if you could check out my latest beauty post on TEMPLESPAs Breakfast Smoothie & Skin Therapy Classes

    Thanks! Charlie xx LurchHoundLoves.com | UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want lashes for 51P!! Hurry up home so I can see you this Easter!! :D XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. i wish i could wear lashes more often but i always forget to put them on! those ones look lovely :)

    from helen at thelovecatsinc // youtube

    ps. enter my new giveaway to win the ice neon or fruit pastel collection by models own! click here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great buys! I can't do a night out without them :)

    Now following you on GFC and would be great to get a follow back, if you would like to follow each other? :)

    Be great if you could check out my latest NOTD post: Ombre Nails by Nail and Beauty, Park Lane, Cheshire

    Thanks! Charlie xx LurchHoundLoves.com | UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now following you on GFC too :) some great posts! Love the ombré nails!! xo

      Delete